24 Jun 08:00 - 28 Jun 17:00 - Mustang
UPPER MUSTANG FREE MEDICAL CAMPAIGN 2018 @ Tsarang & Lo - Monthang
(Tsarang, Marang, Dakmar, Ghami, Geling,Dhye, Tangye,Ghara,Yara Dhee/Surkhangand around Lo Mothang)
In collaboration with HGO, Himalayan Guge Organization, Sorig Aid is providing support to make this trip a reality -
Led by Dr. Tenzin Guge & Tashi Phuntsok
Upper Mustang June – July - 2018, Nepal
18/June/2018 - Day 01 - Arrive in Kathmandu: meet at airport and transferred to hotel for overnight
19/June/2018 - Day 02 - Preparation for the trip - Overnight Hotel
20/June/2018 - Day 03 -Depart Kathmandu at 7 a.m. by jeep - Travel by jeep to Tatopani (about 9-10 hours) - Overnight at in Hotel/Guest House
21/June/2018 - Day 04 - Continue drive to Kagbini via Jomsom (about 7-8 hours) - Overnight at in Hotel/Guest
22/June/2018 - Day 05 - Continue Drive to Tsarang ( about 5-6 hours with the great views of landscape, cave, rivers) - Overnight at in Hotel/Guest House - Afternoon will do visit Tsarang Monastery and around
23/June/2018 - Day 06 - Drive to Lo-Monthang (about 3 hrs) -Preparation for medical camp - Do short visit around Lo-monthang Kingdom
24/June/2018 - Day 07 - Start first day: Free Medical Camp - Schedule of Camp: Morning 08 AM – 12 Am - Lunch Time 12 PM – 02 PM - Evening Time 02 PM – 05 PM - Over night at in Hotel/Guest House
25/June/2018 - Day 08 - Start second day: Free Medical Camp - Schedule of Camp: Morning 08 AM – 12 Am - Lunch Time 12 PM – 02 PM - Evening Time 02 PM – 05 PM - Over night at in Hotel/Guest House
26/June/2018 - Day 09 - Drive/Hike to Namgyal Monastery(TsoNyup) (about 30-45 min drive/2.1/2 hrs walk) after early Lunch - Start Third day: Free Medical Camp -Schedule of Camp: - Lunch Time 10:30 PM – 11 AM - Free Medical : 11:30 AM – 05 PM - Over night at in Monastery/Tent
27/June/2018 - Day 10 - Start Forth day: Free Medical Camp -Schedule of Camp: Morning 08 AM – 12 Am - Lunch Time 12 PM – 02 PM - Evening Time 02 PM – 05 PM - Over night at in Monastery/Tent
28/June/2018 - Day 11 - Start Fifth day: Free Medical Camp - -Schedule of Camp: Morning 08 AM – 12 Am - Lunch Time 12 PM – 02 PM - Evening Time 02 PM – 05 PM - Over night at in Monastery/Tent
29/June/2018 - Day 12 - Early breakfast: Drive/Hike to Tsarang via Lo-Monthang and Lunch at Lo-Monthang
30/June/2018 - Day 13 - After breakfast visit to Ghar- Gomba by Hikeing (The Oldest Monastery) (around 5 hrs for round trip)
01/July/2018 - Day 14 - Drive to Jomsom via Kagbeni ( about 6-7 hours) - Evening do s short hike around - Overnight at in Hotel/Guest House
02/July/2018 - Day 15 - Drive to Pokhara via Beni Bazzar (about 7-8 hours) - Overnight at in Hotel
03/July/2018 - Day 16 - Drive to Kathmandu (about 6-7 hours) - Overnight at in Hotel
04/July/2018 - Day 17 - Depart for home or personal R&R
Participant’s Costing for The 17 Days Free Medical Camp @ Upper Mustang July - August - 2018
The cost of the Trip: US$1985.00 Per Person
(Note: $200.00 for medical contribution and $1785.00 for trip cost including Restricted Permits)
Single Supplement: US$ 200.00 Per Person extra, if single occupancy required.
It Is Included
• Airport pickups and drops in a private vehicle
• 3 nights in Ktm at 3-star hotel accommodation and 1 night at Pkr twins sharing base with Bed & breakfast
• Teahouse/Hotel/Lodge accommodation during the trek with sharing
• All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trek
• All ground transportation on a comfortable private vehicle (Bus/or Jeep) as per the itinerary.
• An experienced, English-speaking and government-licensed trek leader with assistant
• Necessary: Doctors and Nurses with supporting staffs
• Staff costs including their salary, insurance, equipment, food and accommodation
• All necessary paperwork and trekking permits (Restriction Area of Upper Mustang, ACAP)
• Medical supplies and medicines
• All government and local taxes
It Is Not Included
• Nepalese visa fee and International airfare to and from Kathmandu.
• Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
• Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu and Pokhara in case of early arrival, late departure, and early return from the medical Camp (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary.
• Travel and rescue insurance.
• Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower, etc.)
• Tips for guide(s), staff(s) and driver(s)
Any arrangements not mentioned above, personal effects and additional charges due to reason beyond our control are extra.
“Any arrangements not mentioned above, personal effects and additional charges due to reason beyond our control are extra”
Main responsibilities for the participants during the camp are:
Assist Doctor by measuring the rate of blood pressure, heart beat (bpm), resting pulse
An acupuncture expert, can perform it during the camp
A Therapy expert, can perform it during the camp
Ku Nye expert, can perform it during the camp
Other Activities; Providing Moxa to patients
Basically volunteering jobs
• Such as write down the name list of the patients
• Arrange patients to stay in the queue
• Distribute water to the patients
• Assist nurse to distribute medicines
• Arrange other necessary logistics during the camp
• And work in hand in hand with other HGO staffs and organizer.
We would like to seek your support to make the event a great success and serve humanity through our HGO First Aid Programs. We all look forward to your active participation in these programs too.
To participate, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
More about Mustang -
Mustang (from the Tibetan möntang (Wylie: smon-thang), Nepali: Mustāṃg "fertile plain"), formerly Kingdom of Lo, is a remote and isolated region of the Nepalese Himalayas. The Upper Mustang was a restricted demilitarized area until 1992 which makes it one of the most preserved regions in the world, with a majority of the population still speaking traditional Tibetic languages. Tibetan culture has been preserved by the relative isolation of the region from the outside world.
The Upper Mustang comprises the northern two-thirds of Mustang District of Dhawalagiri Zone, Nepal. The southern third of the district is called Thak and is the homeland of the Thakali, who speak the Thakali language, and whose culture combines Tibetan and Nepalese elements. Life in Mustang revolves around tourism, animal husbandry and trade
Upper Mustang to trek in Upper Mustang is a rare privilege. Here you will experience the way of life of true mountain people, who were not much in touch with the rest of Nepal for hundreds of years, and even until recent times had an officially recognized king.
In many ways, a trek into Upper Mustang is similar to trekking in Tibet, as geographically it is a part of the Tibetan plateau. The district of Mustang was, until 1950, a separate kingdom within the boundaries of Nepal. The last king, the Raja of Mustang, still has his home in the ancient capital known as Lo Manthang.
18 Jun 08:00 - 04 Jul 20:00
18 Jun 08:00 - 04 Jul 20:00
Upper Mustang Upper Mustang
UPPER MUSTANG FREE MEDICAL CAMPAIGN 2018 @ Tsarang & Lo Monthang (Tsarang, Marang, Dakmar, Ghami, Geling,Dhye, Tangye,Ghara,Yara Dhee/Surkhangand around Lo Mothang) In... ➧ More info