29 Sep 05:00 - 12 Oct 12:00 - Kathmandu
About the trek:-
Famous for its spectacular mountain peaks and the loyalty and friendliness of its inhabitants (the Sherpas), the Everest region (Khumbu) is one of the most popular destinations for tourists in Nepal.
While many of the routes through the mountains are arduous, there are ample places to rest and enjoy a meal along the way. Furthermore, don't worry about getting lost. Just ask a local the way to the next village on your route, and they will direct you. Most Sherpas under the age of fifty can at least understand Basic English and Hindi, and many speak it fluently.
While trekking is possible in this area the whole year round, the best times to visit are from the beginning of March to mid-May and from the beginning of September to mid-November. The winters are very cold and snow may make it difficult to travel higher than Tengboche, and also lodges may be closed above this altitude.
Summers, on the other hand, are wet, and the spectacular peaks are often lost in the clouds. April and early May is a good time to see the hedgerows and trees bursting into bloom, with Rhododendrons, in particular, adding a spectacular splash of color to the landscape.
However, dust from the plains of India during the spring routinely provide less than ideal conditions for clear mountain views. The views are much better after the summer monsoons have cleared the atmosphere of dust, but the days are shorter and cooler.
Everest Base camp & Kala Patthar trekking itinerary:-
Day 01: Kathmandu Arrival and Orientation
Arrival in Kathmandu (1334m)
Transfer to the Hotel and Check in.
After some leisure time, Briefing and meet up with the guide/ team
Overnight at Kathmandu.
• Tip: If you would like to buy things for the trek, like sleeping bags, trekking poles, jackets, shoes, caps, trekking shirts, pants, etc, one can visit the Thamel market. There are various shops where one can buy and/or rent almost anything for the trek
Day 02: Kathmandu to Lukla and Trek to Phakding
Transfer to Kathmandu Domestic Airport
Flight to Lukla, (flight duration is approximately 35 minutes)
Trek to Phakding (2830m). Walk approximately 3-4 hours
The trek to Lukla is a very smooth walk with a few ups and downs.
Reach Phakding by afternoon. Evening at leisure.
• Tip: No matter how early you reach a place, it is not advisable to venture out alone, especially after dark. There are no lights on the unmarked pathways.
Day 03: Phakding trek to Namche Bazaar (3480m).
We start off early in the morning with breakfast at Phakding. The trek is quite pleasant with some ups and downs, crossing suspension bridges over the river Dudh Kosi and its tributaries.
After lunch at a small village, Monjo, the trek becomes a strenuous and challenging with steep trails. There are two points between Monjo and Namche Bazar, where your trekking permits will be checked along with the photo identifications, to keep a record of all the trekkers going for high altitude trekking.
Reach Namche Bazar by evening. Total trek approximately 6-7 hours
Overnight at Namche Bazar
Day 04: Namche Bazaar - Acclimatization.
After a long and tiring trek from Phakding to Namche Bazar, this day is reserved for acclimatization to the high altitude trek ahead.
During the day, one can hike to Thame for beautiful Himalayan views, wild animals and Tibetan Monastery or even trek all the way till the Everest View Hotel where one can have a superb panoramic view of the mountains like
Mt. Everest (8850m), Mt.Amadablam (6856m), Mt. Thamserku ( 6723m) , Mt. Kantega (6979m), Mt. Kusum Khangaru ( 6367m) , Mt.Kongde (6011m), Mt. Tawache peak ( 6367 m), Mt. Cholaste (6335m) , Island peak (6179m), Khumbila (God of Khumbu) (5761m)
Walk approximately 5-6 hours during the day
Overnight at Namche Bazaar.
• Tip: When acclimatizing at a place, avoid sleeping-in during the day time, instead, take short walks around the place and explore. Helps your body adjust well for higher altitudes
Day 05: Trek Namche Bazaar to Tengboche (3870m)
After breakfast, start off the trek for Tengboche. The trek is quite strenuous and tiring.
Enroute, one can have clear views of Mt. Everest, Nuptse, Lhotse, Amadablam along with stunning views of the lush green valleys.
Walk approximately 5-6 hours. Reach Tengboche by evening.
Tengboche is quite famous among the Buddhists because of the Thyangboche Monastery or
Dawa Choling Gompa. The monastery is amidst the Sagarmatha National Park (a UNESCO World Heritage Site of "outstanding universal value”), draped with a panoramic view of the Himalayan Mountains, including the well-known peaks of Tawache, Everest, Nuptse, Lhotse, Ama Dablam, and Thamserku.
Tengboche trek to Dingboche (4350 m)
After breakfast, start the trek to Dingboche. The trek from Tengboche to Deboche and the next village goes through a very dense forest along the river. The initial one hour of the trek is downhill till you reach the river. After lunch when you cross Somare Village, the landscape dramatically changes from tall trees to shrubs. Black rocks and dry mountains. The air becomes very dry and even takes away the moisture from the skin.
Reach Dingboche by evening.
Total Walk approximately 5-6 hours
• Tip: The air after Tengboche is very dry and absorbs the moisture from the skin. Do carry Vaseline and lip balms to avoid dehydration.
• The wind speeds can range from 10 kmph to 60 kmph, do carry a windcheater jacket in your day pack.
Day 07: Trek Dingboche to Lobuche (4910m)
The trek till Lobuche is quite simple, but due to thin oxygen and the cold dry air, the trek becomes tougher. It’s mostly vast open fields of mountains and trails are not much steep. One can see the trekkers from far away.
Reach Lobuche by evening.
Total Walk approximately 5-6hours
• Tip: As we ascend uphill, the intensity of the ultraviolet rays increase. Do make it a point to apply sunscreen every 2-3 hours and cover your body as much as possible. It gets really very sweaty during the trek but never take off the jackets while trekking.
Day 08: Lobuche to Gorakshep (5180m)
A short trek of approximately 2-3 hours from Lobuche to Gorakshep, where one can have lunch
After lunch, continue to trek to Everest base camp (5500m)
The trek from Gorakshep to Everest base camp is very dingy and one needs to be very careful where they step foot. Spend some time at the base camp and make sure to be back to Gorakshep before dark.
Overnight at Gorakshep
• Tip: Sleep early tonight, you will need to wake up early at about 3 am to prepare for Kala Pathar Trek
Day 09: Kala Patthar Trek. Gorakshep to Pheriche
Gorakshep early in the morning (3 am) Trek to Kala Patthar (5545m) for superb Himalayan views at Sunrise
The views of sunrise at Kala Patthar are breath taking. It’s amazing how the horizon changes its colours from Dark Blue to light blue to light Purple to Pink to Orange and finally sunrise.
From Kala Pathar, decend down towards Lobuche and have lunch
Proceed towards Pheriche, a village near the river, opposite to Dingboche, with breathtaking views.
Overnight at Pheriche (4250m)
Day 10: Trek Pheriche to Tengboche (3890m)
After breakfast, decend back towards Tengboche. After trekking back down, the trek seems to be easier than the ascend, since the body is adapted to lower levels of oxygen from the previous day’s trek.
Total day’s trek is about 5-6 hours
Tengboche trek to Namche Bazaar (3480m)
After breakfast trek to Namche bazaar. The trek downhill will be easier and faster. One can reach Namche Bazaar by afternoon and spend some time shopping for souvenirs and various other local crafts.
Namche Bazaar trek to Lukla (2830m)
Descend back towards Lukla from Namche Bazaar en route have lunch at Phakding and continue the descend. Reach Lukla by Evening
Total trek approximately 6-7 hours
After breakfast, Trek to the airport
Departure from Lukla by flight back to Kathmandu,
Flight Duration is approximately 35 minutes,
Transfer to hotel from the Domestic Airport.
After freshen up, one can do a short local sight-seeing tour of Kathmandu city
Tonight we host all the trekkers for a Farewell Dinner
Overnight at Kathmandu hotel
After breakfast, relaxing or shopping, our representative will drop you to Kathmandu International airport for your flight back home.
- Kathmandu – Lukla – Kathmandu Flights
- All Airport Transfers
- Hotel accommodation (with breakfast) in Kathmandu.
- All accommodations during the trek in Trekking/ Mountain lodges (Basic Clean Accommodation)
- All vegetarian meals during the trek
- High risk overseas insurance (inclusive of helicopter evacuation in case of medical emergencies or natural calamities)
- Experienced Government licensed guides, tour conductor and porters (including their meals, salary, accommodation, equipment, medicine & insurance).
- Trekkers’ information management system (TIMS) registration
- All local transportation including flight tickets to and from Lukla.
- Advanced First aid kit.
- Rescue assistance.
- Porters for carrying the luggage or backpacks during the trek
- All necessary permits, entry fees and taxes.
- Lunch and dinner at Kathmandu
- Personal equipment/ gear
- Soft drinks, mineral water bottles, Alcoholic beverages
- Telephone calls and mobile sim cards
Cost per trekker is ₹68,000 + 5% GST.
18 Nov 09:00 - 02 Dec 09:00
18 Nov 09:00 - 02 Dec 09:00
Kathmandu, Nepal Kathmandu, Nepal
From 18th November 2nd December 2018, join a community of professionals who seek to 'be the change,' and embrace the chance for contribution supporting young Nepalese women who've... ➧ More info
31 Dec 12:00 - 15:00
31 Dec 12:00 - 15:00
Kathmandu, Nepal Kathmandu, Nepal
Die hard fans of Obituary in South Asia sends this message to them, please come and play in Kathmandu, Nepal in coming days. About Obituary : https:/en.wikipedia.org/wiki... ➧ More info